Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Navigation lights in wings


I bought the Turnigy LED navigation lights. They have the correct number of LEDs and colors: one green (nav, right wing), one red (nav, left wing), two white strobes (wings, facing backwards), two flashing red (top of vertical fin, bottom of fuselage in front). The lights are controlled by a little PCB which is really light.

They connect to any free channel and are always on. In the kit is also two white landing lights, but since I'm going to use LED strips for that which are much more bright, I didn't use them.


I used hot glue to secure the LEDs. Unfortunately i had to redo this since the light wasn't that visible from the front. Now both lights are on the wing tip.

I'm using my metal ruler when i do the trenches for the cables. After cutting the trench with the knife, I use tweezers to peel the foam away.

There you go, fitted and ready.